Look how beautiful this roast is! The aroma of sage, leeks and thyme has taken over my kitchen as they cover this Eye of Round roast creating a flavorful crust. If your entertaining this holiday season and are on a budget or just want a simple roast, this Herb Roasted Eye of Round Roast is the perfect recipe for you.
It’s so easy to make and the best thing is that it’s a fairly inexpensive cut of meat. I would say it’s right in between a prime rib and a pot roast. It comes out juicy, pink in the middle with a nice golden herb crust.
Slice it thinly, letting it soak up all those juices and make this your go-to roast!
Herb Crusted Eye of Round Roast
- 3 lb. eye of round beef roast
- 1 cup fresh herbs chopped (such as sage, thyme, rosemary)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place roast in a baking dish, coat with olive oil on all sides, sprinkle with salt and pepper, press mixed chopped herbs all over roast.
- Place roast in oven, reduce heat to 475 degrees.
- Cook roast 7 minutes per pound at 475 degrees (that’s 21 minutes for a 3 lb roast).
- Do not open the oven door. Turn off the oven and continue to cook for 2 ½ hours, making sure to not open the oven door at all during this entire time.
- After the 2 ½ hours, remove from oven, placing a piece of foil over the top and let rest for about 10 minutes.