The secret ingredient in this rich and creamy mushroom lasagna? It’s bok choy! Thinly sliced ribbons of bok choy pair perfectly with earth mushrooms an sharp white cheddar sauce. Perfect for Lent Fridays or Meatless Mondays. It’s packed with vitamins AND you get your cheese fix at the same glorious time! If you’re like me, you could live off cheese, wine and french bread. That’s my go-to. Yep, I come home from my daily job, pour a glass of wine, tear off a piece of french bread and start cooking. I guess it’s my way of de-stressing, which I find totally acceptable.
The recipe below is weeknight easy, so don’t get thrown off with the fancy Mornay sauce. It’s just a a real technical way of saying cheesy goodness sauce, for real! Looking for more meatless recipes? We’ve got ’em!
Mushroom & Greens Lasagna
Mushroom & Greens Filling
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 cup baby bok choy sliced in ribbons
- 1/2 cup shallot minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 5 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup sharp white cheddar grated
- 9 sheets no boil lasagna
- 8 tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley, dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 cup monterey jack cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish, spoon 1 cup Mornay sauce to coat bottom.
- Start layering: Place 3 lasagna sheets over Mornay sauce, then 1 cup Mornay sauce, then 1/2 cup mushroom-bok choy mixture, then 1/2 tbsp ricotta per square (lasagna serves 8, so imagine 8 squares), 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese.Repeat 1 timeThird layer: 3 lasagna noodles, remaining mornay sauce, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup monterey jack cheese, 1 tbsp parsley and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.