Crispy Beef Lettuce Wraps are going to be your new go-to weeknight dinner for hot summer days. Sweet and spicy ground beef, pickled cucumber, thinly sliced radish and crunchy hazelnuts wrapped up in butter lettuce.
These lettuce wraps are totally awesome for several reasons! First, they use ground beef, so you’re not breaking the bank here. Second, they come together is about 15 minutes, which is EVERYTHING in the summer. Because who wants to be hanging around the stove, right? Third, I mean do I even need a third? O.k. Third, they are beautiful. You’re getting your colorful veggies and a vibrant punch of flavor.
Are you following?
If you’ve been following my blog posts, you know that I like to keep things short and simple. Let me tell you why…I’m ALL ABOUT the food. When I see a recipe that I like, I want to go straight to the recipe. Sure I’ll read about 1-2 paragraphs, but then I find myself scrolling through to find the recipe. Yes, the SEO helper says ‘type more Tamara’, but you know, I’m a little rebellious and I’m hungry…just give me the recipe!
Crispy Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion fine diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head living butter lettuce leaves individually removed
- 5-6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil torn
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium high heat
- Add onion and cook until softened about 2 minutes. Push over to side.
- Add the ground beef, cook crumbling as you brown until a little crispy on the edges. Drain grease and return to heat.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve in a butter lettuce leaf with pickled cucumber, radish, chopped hazelnuts and fresh basil.
- Place sliced cucumber in a bowl. Cover with apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.