Grilled Shrimp on a Stick with Corn, Bacon & Tomato is a great way to celebrate summer flavors. Seasonal fresh corn and ripe tomatoes are flooding the Farmer’s Markets and they go famously together with grilled shrimp.
Fresh Corn + Vine Ripe Tomatoes are where it’s at right now for all things summer. I can’t pick my tomatoes quick enough – they are in full on production mode. So, get ready for tomato recipes to come! AND there is nothing like fresh corn from the Farmer’s Market. Make the most of these peak season finds before summer ends. Shrimp get a little love from a chipotle marinade, kicking it up a notch – fresh corn, bacon and tomato lightens it up.
More Recipes Like This:
Grilled Shrimp on a Stick with Corn, Bacon & Tomato
- 16 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 strips bacon cut into lardons
- ½ Walla Walla onion or sweet onion, frenched (cut into slivered pieces)
- ½ clove garlic minced
- 2 ears corn cleaned and cut off the cob
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 wooden kabob sticks soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 lime cut in wedges for garnish
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped, for garnish
- ½ garlic clove minced
- ½ cup chipotle in adobo sauce I keep leftovers in the freezer
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- In a medium bowl combine all of the marinade ingredients and toss together with shrimp. Let sit in the refrigerator while you prepare the grill.
- Prepare grill and soak wooden kabob sticks in water if you haven;t already pre-soaked.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat cook bacon until fat is rendered and bacon is cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel or wire rack. Leave bacon grease in pan.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add corn and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and saute for about 3 minutes to soften and release juices.
- Return bacon back to pan and combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Let sit on low heat until shrimp are ready.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 4 shrimp on each kabob stick.
- Grill until cooked through. Shrimp should be opaque. Serve with corn mixture, cilantro and squeeze of lime.