Bring some flavor to the party with Chipotle Potato Salad. Creamy new potatoes dressed in a smoky chipotle mayonnaise with pickled red onions, thinly sliced boiled eggs and cilantro.
Chipotle Potato Salad
- 5 small red potatoes sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 5 small yellow potatoes sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 boiled eggs halved, then thinly sliced
- Place potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and toss with Chipotle Dressing. Fold mixture with pickled red onions, fresh cilantro and sliced boiled eggs. Serve immediately.
- Combine mayonnaise, chipotle, garlic powder and lime juice.
Memorial Day isn’t complete without potato salad. This year is all about the smoky Chipotle Potato Salad. I love Mexican fusion and baby new potatoes are the perfect vessel to soak up all that flavor. Chipotle adds a smoky, yet mild heat to the traditional mayonnaise dressing. Pickled red onions replace the traditional dill pickle, adding a beautiful color and zing. We keep the boiled egg, but slice them very thinly for added texture and finally a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
Be the wild card at your Memorial Day party with this Chipotle Potato Salad. It pairs perfectly with my Sweet Corn & Snap Peas and is really good cold as leftovers! Trust me…I sneak into the fridge for little bites!