Peanut-Less Thai Noodle Salad is made creamy sunflower butter with Thai flavors, crunchy fresh vegetables and served cold for those hot summer days.
Ditch the standard peanut butter for sunflower butter. It’s the perfect substitute for feeding friends with allergies. You’ll love how creamy it is when mixed with a blend of Thai flavors.
For those HOT Summer Days
August is time to break out all those cool, keep you out of the kitchen, salad recipes like this Peanut-Less Thai Noodle Bowl. I, personally love Thai peanut sauce, but my girl Lex is allergic to peanuts, so I try to find ways to adapt. Sunflower butter is the closest ‘nut’ butter that I’ve found that tastes the closest to peanut butter and doesn’t cost $10.00 plus a bottle.
Make it Your Own
There are so many options to make this dish your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Add crunchy chopped wontons, ramen noodles or dried garbanzo
- Mix up the vegetables by adding diced celery, napa cabbage or radish
- Use rice noodles and it’s gluten free
- Grilled chicken or shrimp for a meal
More Recipes Like This:
Shop These Products at Amazon:
Peanut-Less Thai Noodle Salad
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 1 cup sugar peas sliced in 1 inch pieces on the bias
- 2 carrots sliced thinly matchstick style
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 lb dry spaghetti noodles cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 3 tbsp sunflower butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1/2 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and cold cooked noodles. Toss well with Peanut-Less Dressing. Serve with lots of fresh cilantro, lime juice and chopped macadamia nuts. Can be eaten immediately, best if refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.