My favorite Mexican candies inspire this Mango Chili-Lime Cake. You know those fruit flavored suckers dipped in spicy chili powder? You can find them in the Mexican aisle at the grocery. my kiddos L O V E them! So, when I was looking for a fresh idea on a spring cake recipe I turned to these for my inspiration. Which doesn’t surprise me, because I really love all Mexican flavors.
The yellow cake mix is made with butter for an extra moist texture, then we slide on the mango glaze for that sweet candy flavor and it all gets dusted with a spicy chili-lime seasoning. You can add a little fresh lime zest to the top, I did! This cake will be the talk of your party, a little sweet, a little spicy and a lot of fun!
I’d love to hear your comments. If you made this recipe, let me know how it turned out by commenting below.
Mango Chili-Lime Cake
- 1 15.25 oz. box yellow cake mix with butter
- 1 tsp Tajin chili-lime seasoning Mexican seasoning
- 1 cup mango nectar Found in a can in juice isle
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Tajin chili-lime seasoning Mexican seasoning
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Butter a bundt pan. Prepare cake mix according to directions on package, adding 1 tsp. Tajin chili-lime seasoning to batter. Bake as directed for a bundt pan, usually about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then immediately invert onto a plate to ensure the cake comes out of the bundt pan easily.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine mango nectar and powdered sugar. Stir in heavy cream.
- In a small bowl, combine corn starch and cold water.
- Stir cornstarch slurry into the mango sauce. Bring to a simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and fold in whipped cream. Set aside to cool.
Topping the Cake
- After both the cake and the mango glaze have cooled, using a fork, carefully poke holes in the top and sides of cake. Slowly pour the mango glaze over the top of the cake, letting it run down the sides.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne and Tajin seasoning. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the cake. Finish with a sprinkle of fresh lime zest.