Moist and delicious grilled Thai Chicken Skewers,
Thai Chicken Skewers
- Skewers / Kabob Sticks
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp fresh grated garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp green onion thin sliced
- 1 cup snap peas sliced thin and angled
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- Combine coconut milk, red curry paste, vegetable oil and soy in a large bowl. Add chicken tenderloins and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Get your grill fired up. While that's happening, make the sauce.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Grill until charred and cooked through. Serve over sesame noodles with sauce drizzled on top and garnished with peas and cilantro.
- Heat vegetable oil in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add garlic and red curry paste. Stir quickly. Add remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and add remaining ingredients.
For those of you who follow me, you may notice that I’m not a huge chicken fan, so you better bet when I post a chicken recipe that it is AMAZING. I need crunchy caramelized bits on the outside and moist tenderness on the inside to be at all interested in chicken.
These chicken tenders are soaked in a coconut milk and red curry mixture that guarantees a tender juicy inside. Threading the tenders on skewers ensures a short cooking time and allows the outside to get beautifully charred with caramelization from the sugar in the coconut milk and spices form the red curry paste.
Serve these flavorful skewers over sesame noodles for a complete meal. I like to garnish with fresh sliced snap peas and thinly sliced baby red bell peppers with a sprinkle of cilantro. This adds the freshness that ties it all together.
Have you tried my recipe?
I’d love to here from you! Try my recipe and leave a comment below!