Juicy peaches gently coated in a sweet apple bourbon glaze and layered ever so perfectly in an all butter crust.
Let’s face it, peaches and bourbon go hand in hand. I mean who doesnt love sweet juicy peaches soaked in sugary apple bourbon? Pair that with the flaky all butter crust and you have the perfect end of summer pie.
Why All Butter?
Butter = Flaky It’s that simple. I do have a couple of tips to make your pie crust a success. Keep your butter cold. Grate it using a cheese grater. This makes less work for you when combining with the flour AND gets the job done quicker before the butter melts.
Apple Bourbon Peach Pie
- 7 very large peaches pitted, sliced and peeled (or not peeled either is good)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Jim Beam Apple Bourbon
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 2 sticks butter, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2-4 tbsp cold water
- 1 egg blended for brushing over crust
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients and let sit while you make the crust.
- Combine flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter ¼ cup at a time until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add cold water and form into a ball.
- Seperate ball into two (I like to make one ball slightly bigger than the other for the bottom crust.
- Wrap balls in saran wrap and refrigerate for about 10 minutes or so to help with rolling out.
- Throw some flour on your board or counter and roll out dough. Place bottom piece in pie pan and mold edges.
- Place filling in pie dish.
- Place top crust over or make lattice, whatever makes you happy.
- Brush with blended egg.
- Place foil over crust edge to keep from burning, make sure to tent it and not press against the crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.