Spring Greens with Citrus & Lemon Pepper Ricotta
Delicate Spring greens, juicy blood oranges and creamy ricotta rolled in lemon zest and cracked pepper combined with crunchy sunflower seeds.
- 1 5 oz package mixed baby greens
- 2 blood oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 12 tbsp ricotta
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar can sub other vinegar
- 1 tsp honey can sub agave or sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Place mixed Spring greens and blood oranges in a serving bowl.
Place lemon zest and cracked pepper on a plate. Roll each tbsp ricotta into a bite size ball and roll in the lemon zest / cracked pepper mixture. Place each ball on salad.
Sprinkle salad with sunflower seeds and drizzle with vinaigrette. You may have vinaigrette left over as you don't want to over dress your greens.